Kids... well today I figured out that one of Nathan's vocalizations is actually him trying to say 'no'. It comes out as more of a 'nah'. And he says it in a disrespectful tone, if a 15 month old can do that... Sometimes I would love for him to come out and say, "Can I have something to eat, please?" or "My butt is mushy, will you change me please?" but then I see him starting to backtalk me which is probably more of a mimic than actual meanness.

You know I have heard that kids watch and hear everything you do. Actually I wish someone would have told me that I need to behave better toward other people. Especially at work, I see how small things I do or say, even the tone of my voice can make a huge difference in someone else's day or even their life. Being nice is not always easy, especially when you're tired and the other person is being just plain ornery.

Nathan learns through watching us. We will open the door and now he knows how to do it too (if he could reach it). He doesn't understand how Daddy can play swordfight but when Nathan tries to play (one big swing at Daddy's head) then he gets in trouble. He doesn't understand how it's any different. We have to find a better way.


Comments