I feel like Willy Wonka
Today, I am at home cleaning up and freshening up on my nursing know how for my job interview tomorrow. Took Nate to Ms Betty's this morning. Every morning that I take him there I feel guilty about it. But I get so much more done at the house. I don't know. Part of me wants to just be a mom and the other part doesn't want to stay at home everyday. Still unemployed since May 1 by choice and looking for part time nursing job or flexible full time (not all 12 hour shifts).
Nathan is growing so quickly. I believe he has inherited a bossy personality.. from whom i'm not sure. Since he still speak in mostly gibberish, you might catch a few NOs and Stop and OK and
Bu(buzz) and Wooeey (woody) and nak (snack) and Iwa (i want...) and pahee (pacie). Jay and I are working on being consistent in our discipline and follow through. We are also working on using calm and firm voices. Nathan has taken to using the pouting style .... I 'm gonna lay down flat here onthe dirtiest part of the floor and rub my tears into the ground. Which we have responded to by resolving to the fact that he is a boy and gets a bath every night and hand washes a lot.
On a happy note, Nathan loves to play and wrestle with Jay which is a joy to watch. Watching him (nathan not jay) learn and teaching things like you have to stop at a red light and go on green (Geen Ite) is fun. They watch and learn from what we do and how we talk. Being a parent is such a huge responsibility. geez. We were walking past our neighbors house and Nathan spots the riding lawnmower in their shed. He was gone like a streak of light despite our (Stop, No, Don't - i feel like Willy Wonka most days). He was up on the seat before Jay could catch up with him. Telling you he's gonna be a runner.
We are still house hunting. We have another promising find in Florence, but since I don't want to spoil it I will wait to give you the details.
Nathan is growing so quickly. I believe he has inherited a bossy personality.. from whom i'm not sure. Since he still speak in mostly gibberish, you might catch a few NOs and Stop and OK and
Bu(buzz) and Wooeey (woody) and nak (snack) and Iwa (i want...) and pahee (pacie). Jay and I are working on being consistent in our discipline and follow through. We are also working on using calm and firm voices. Nathan has taken to using the pouting style .... I 'm gonna lay down flat here onthe dirtiest part of the floor and rub my tears into the ground. Which we have responded to by resolving to the fact that he is a boy and gets a bath every night and hand washes a lot.
On a happy note, Nathan loves to play and wrestle with Jay which is a joy to watch. Watching him (nathan not jay) learn and teaching things like you have to stop at a red light and go on green (Geen Ite) is fun. They watch and learn from what we do and how we talk. Being a parent is such a huge responsibility. geez. We were walking past our neighbors house and Nathan spots the riding lawnmower in their shed. He was gone like a streak of light despite our (Stop, No, Don't - i feel like Willy Wonka most days). He was up on the seat before Jay could catch up with him. Telling you he's gonna be a runner.
We are still house hunting. We have another promising find in Florence, but since I don't want to spoil it I will wait to give you the details.
Comments
Post a Comment