Another week, Another dollar
I...wait... starting out a blog with the word "I" just seems wrong and selfish. So I try not to do it. See there I go again. We... there that's better... are planning to go on a two week 'outing' in November. So we want to save up some extra money. So we've sold parts of the old yellow truck and the shed that came with the house. And now I need to decide if I am willing to work a few extra shifts. However, most shifts available are on the weekends and are dayshift which are more hectic, among other issues. So how bad do we need the money... hmmm. again with the selfish thing. Got to work on that.

Updates in this blog tend to avoid the nursing stuff. But, I feel like I'm leaving out a part of my experience. If you are a nurse, then I am sure you can identify with it. For everyone else, just bear with me. My observantions for the week - In my experience, Career nurses always seem to go to one side or the other. Either they turn bitter by always blaming situations on other people (doctor, nurse, patient) or they 'take things in stride' by dealing with each situation with a positive attitude. Also, Nursing is a lesson in listening to the Holy Spirit (aka going with your gut). That 'voice' or 'feeling' telling me to recheck that medicine or blood pressure is real and I've learned to listen and obey. Because every time that I shrug it off, I always regret it.
At home, we are still struggling with the potty training. We are at the point that Nathan does not want to stop what he is doing and go 'tee tee' . He can hold it and he knows when he needs to go and he knows that 'tee tee' goes in the potty. It's the sitting down on the potty that is like the most horrible thing ever to him. If I give him a sheet of stickers then I can't get him off the potty for like 30 minutes ( then, of course he has Thomas the Train all the way down one leg). When he is at home, I've tried to give him 'potty time' at the top of every hour and he wears his big boy underwear. About 50% of the time he will go without tears. If he isn't willing to sit down on the potty then he goes to time-out. He doesn't get out of time-out unless he sits on the potty first. This also seems to address the whole 'sassing momma' thing. When we ask him to do something and we get an exuberant 'NO!' then he sits in time-out. The No's have decreased so at least we are headed in the right direction.
Our dog Bud has developed Heartworms. (i slacked on his medicine while we were in Brandon and now we are paying for it). So now, Bud has gotten the first injection treatment and is on 'bedrest' for 8 weeks. The Vet (which I like) says 'Oh you shouldn't have a problem with him, since he is such a laid-back dog." I'm thinking 'you don't know my dog.' Yes, Bud is laid back for a lab but he IS a Lab. He would rather be rolling in the dirt, playing with our other dog, and tracking deer in the woods for hours. So far, Bud is doing pretty good. We've kept him in the house this weekend or out back on a short tie-up. This week our plan is to keep him in the Shop most of the day without Amber. Wish us luck.
Our dog Bud has developed Heartworms. (i slacked on his medicine while we were in Brandon and now we are paying for it). So now, Bud has gotten the first injection treatment and is on 'bedrest' for 8 weeks. The Vet (which I like) says 'Oh you shouldn't have a problem with him, since he is such a laid-back dog." I'm thinking 'you don't know my dog.' Yes, Bud is laid back for a lab but he IS a Lab. He would rather be rolling in the dirt, playing with our other dog, and tracking deer in the woods for hours. So far, Bud is doing pretty good. We've kept him in the house this weekend or out back on a short tie-up. This week our plan is to keep him in the Shop most of the day without Amber. Wish us luck.
Comments
Post a Comment