New Home, New Lessons

After moving into our new house, which we love,I realize we need to declutter our lives. i have taken to giving away anything that isnt used or selling anything that is worth more than $5. Plenty of room, Plenty of yard, too many pine trees.

Nathan is 2 1/2. Potty training would be easy if he would actually go potty. I know that sounds like a silly statement. But getting him to sit on the potty and stare at the ceiling isnt happening. He is starting out like a typical guy and loves to read a book or look at his stickers while sitting on the potty. His little mind just doesnt like to be idle. He has started a phase where he wants to watch the 'I can read' dvds over and over. Hey, I wont complain. While he is at home, he usually wears his birthday suit or the big boy underwear. And i have to stay on him every hour or so to go potty. His language is improving but still mostly vowels and soft consonants like Poyee(potty), wroke (broke), duryee(dirty), ee(eat), Puh(SuperWhy - cartoon), etc. His mobility isnt hampered by any means. He can climb ladders, rope ladders, and dash across swinging bridges on the playground without blinking an eye.

Jay is working on new 'prototypes' at his job. Now this description is in my own words, since I am no engineer. His company makes temperature probes for industries, mostly petroleum. Jay spends most of his job updating the products that they sell. Sounds simple right? Not. He has to create, redesign the packaging/case and the computer/electric board/panel thing. Which has to be approved by his bosses and people in the field, and then approved for sale in the U.S. and International by some lab certification company for the petroleum industry (has to be 'sparkproof') which means he can only use certain materials and certain power source. And all of this since the company hasnt updated their products in like 20 years or something is a pretty big overhaul.

I am liking my new job. The two night shifts a week works better as a mom and wife. I don't get burned out. I actually get home at a decent hour. I get to see my family everyday. Of course, any floor nursing job is not easy. Being a patient in a hospital is not like being in a hotel and I wish there was some kind of education course for families on this topic. You get medicines when the doctor orders them and you get food/drink as the doctor orders them. And of course if my coworkers would more hospitable at all times... Deep breath, Fruits of the Spirit....love joy peace patience kindness goodness faithfulness gentleness and selfcontrol. everyone should memorize those.

Along those lines... I hope to also post my 'revelations' each week. This week revolves around Saved by Grace. (Becky has started a new blog which all should read. ) We are saved by GRACE... not works ... not deeds... not the law. If we truly believe then we will study/dwell on God's word, meaning pray without ceasing and read the Bible. Then the spirit will dwell within us and the spirit will produce His Fruits which include good works. So I am not doing good works, but the Holy Spirit living in me produces the works. I will try to keep better notes on my thoughts so I can include scripture references in the future. Please comment if this has encouraged you at all.

God Bless!

Comments