A new awakening

Have you even noticed how our 'culture' has taken over our faith as Christians? Because 'our culture or generation just does things differently' and 'the Bible doesn't actually mean that literally or it doesn't apply to us today' have become lies that we hear and have told ourselves and we have accepted it. God has opened my eyes to the downward spiral this world is in and given me a new love for my neighbor and a new voice as a witness. I have been digging into the Bible, which I now read with new eyes and a new understanding. My role as a mother and wife has taken on new meaning with new purpose. Not only have I been given the responsibility of raising children, but also and most importantly 'training' the child to know the truth and to love God. Best way is to lead by example, which is where I begin.
Jay and I joined a local church led by courageous pastor who preaches from his heart and straight from the Bible. He constantly challenges the church to live a changed life and not follow the ways of this world. With that seed planted, I was gifted a series of christian fiction novels called the Mark of the Lion. I started reading them not expecting much but then I couldn't put them down. The series revolves around 1st century Christians in pagan Roman Empire, starting from the fall of Jerusalem to Rome, Ephesus and Germania. God has used the perspective in those books to open my eyes to the new testament. The reality those Christians faced every day and making a great impact in those around them simply by LIVING the faith, their own lives as a living example. Praying without ceasing, clinging to the words of the Bible, longing for the truth, and mourning after those who chase the pagan and unhealthy ways of the world around them. When I read the New Testament especially, I read it with new eyes and a profound insight into comparing their lives then with my life now and the present world.
We are living in very similar Pagan World right now. Surrounded by lies, and misconceptions, easily compromising the truths of the Bible and then confusing our children by our inconsistencies. God has not changed, only our version of religion and christianity and how it is applied to our individual lives.  As a believer, we are to be set apart from this world and all that is deemed important by the world. Instead we are to be striving to follow God's basic commands. First, Loving the Lord our God with all my heart, soul and strength.  Then loving others as I love myself. Those commands all by themselves are not easy. 

Comments