We've all heard about each person is unique and their personality is all their own. Well, I am not a terribly funny energetic mommy. I am way more of an introvert than anything. So in order to be a good mommy and communicate and educate my children, I am working on sharing (in a calm clear voice) with my children and family. The Bible says that Children are a blessing from God. that means they are a 'reward' which I have been trying to understand more fully. My kids teach me while I educate them. They are moldable, pliable - which requires me to watch how I act, how I talk, and make sure that what i 'believe' is actually what shows on the outside.
My main thing today is boys.... I am a girl, not such a girlie girl but still a girl. So I have been asking many others, "is that a boy thing? or is it just my boy?" Like Nathan, he does not listen to instructions, completely, he is too distracted, his little mind is going in at least two directions at once. So " Go put your shirt on." turns into "Go play with your toy and find a book, then go potty, then bring mommy some shorts." sigh...... we are starting with 'look at mommy' which is usually his face is turned toward me but his eyes are in another direction..... how do you get a boy to focus on the task at hand?
ok, jonah is awake now. Will post again later.
My main thing today is boys.... I am a girl, not such a girlie girl but still a girl. So I have been asking many others, "is that a boy thing? or is it just my boy?" Like Nathan, he does not listen to instructions, completely, he is too distracted, his little mind is going in at least two directions at once. So " Go put your shirt on." turns into "Go play with your toy and find a book, then go potty, then bring mommy some shorts." sigh...... we are starting with 'look at mommy' which is usually his face is turned toward me but his eyes are in another direction..... how do you get a boy to focus on the task at hand?
ok, jonah is awake now. Will post again later.
Comments
Post a Comment